Wednesday 23 October 2019

2019 Steeltek MTB Race Postponed Until Further Notice

Due to circumstances beyond our control regarding access to sections of the proposed new routes for the race, we have taken the difficult decision to postpone the Steeltek MTB Race until further notice.

Relocating the event on such short notice to an alternative location was not an option. We need to stay true to the ethos of the Steeltek by delivering a tough and testing course and the limited remaining time simply doesn’t allow us to do so.

While this is an unfortunate turn of events, we completely respect and understand the decision of the landowners in this regard, and we trust that you as the MTB community will do the same.

Please remember that access to private land is a privilege, not a right, and unfortunately sometimes circumstances occur that can prevent access at certain times.

All current entrants will be contacted directly to facilitate refunds of their entry fees.

We apologise for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your understanding.